The Benefits of Living in a Retirement Community
As you enter your golden years, you may consider alternative living arrangements that suit your changing needs. Whether you live alone or with your family, the thought of having a supportive community to make new friends is enticing.
Retirement communities have numerous benefits for anyone seeking to maintain their independence, with the option of having supervision and assistance when required. Learn more about whether living in one is a good investment and how to schedule a free lunch and tour at our exclusive Lansdale community.
What Is a Retirement Community?
A retirement community or home is a safe, comfortable space where 55+ adults can thrive. They receive the best health and medical care and have access to various facilities to keep them stimulated. Like-minded residents with similar needs and interests find value in living in these high-end, close-knit developments that foster a strong sense of belonging.
Why Should You Move to a Retirement Community?
Being part of an independent living community has many advantages, including essential services and amenities that offer endless possibilities to explore your passions and skills. Here are some benefits of retirement communities to help you understand why a retirement community like Elm Terrace Gardens may be a perfect place to call home.
Social Networking Opportunities
A large retirement community creates social networking opportunities for everyone, such as events and activities where you can meet and get to know other residents. Forming friendships will reduce the loneliness and isolation that might otherwise adversely affect your mental and physical well-being.
By engaging in fun activities like art, dance, yoga and Pilates classes, you’ll soon notice a positive change. Socializing with peers can give you:
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Improved mood and outlook on life
- Heightened sense of belonging
- Increased life satisfaction and gratification
- Improved overall health and well-being
- Increased sense of security and stability
- Improved communication and expression
- Enhanced memory recall and cognition
- Potential to enjoy a longer life span due to numerous favorable conditions and lifestyle changes
High-Quality Health Care
Everyone who joins a retirement community has different abilities and requirements due to factors like age, mobility and cognitive perception. While a significant portion of our community is self-sustainable, some residents need additional support to participate in daily activities.
Elm Terrace Gardens has developed various health care programs to cater to your needs, ensuring you can access assistance when needed.
- Personal care: Quality care provides the best chance at a full and satisfactory life. If you need full-time assistance with daily activities like eating, getting dressed and taking your medication, a nurse will be by your side to help you manage these tasks.
- Memory care: This program is ideal for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. The specialized care and treatment residents receive promote a better quality of life by emphasizing compassion. If you would benefit from this program, you’ll enjoy a structured daily routine and engage in activities that stimulate deep connections and relationship-building. You can also pursue peaceful and purposeful hobbies and eat well-balanced meals that nourish your body and mind.
- Skilled nursing and rehabilitation care: Residents receive the best rehabilitative support with advanced health care and medication. The program ensures experienced nurses are always on call for ongoing assistance so you’re never alone, especially while recovering from a medical incident. Services include occupational or speech therapy, physical therapy, wound care and treatment, injury care, injections, intravenous therapy and constant medical supervision.
Engaging Activities and Events
The best retirement communities offer extensive activities to improve residents’ well-being through a vibrant lifestyle. Our recreational amenities include gardening, a library, a game room, a creative arts studio, an auditorium and more. Fun events keep members busy and young at heart as they engage in the following:
- Day trips
- Fitness classes
- Social gatherings
- Book, card and bridge clubs
- Live music and entertainment
- Bible study, praise and worship
Optimal Safety and Security for Residents
We have designed our retirement community with the residents’ security in mind. The buildings are modern and high-tech, with ample security personnel and cameras for your protection. Entrances and exits are access-controlled, with strict instructions and rules for entering and leaving. We monitor all visitors and restrict visit durations for your peace of mind.
Supports Healthy and Active Lifestyles
Most available activities in a retirement community support a healthy lifestyle for all residents, regardless of fitness levels and mobility. You can stay active and in optimal physical and mental shape. The food menus are nutritious and delicious, with individual catering options for those with specific dietary needs.
Convenient On-Site Services
You don’t have to leave our community to access amenities like a beauty salon, barbershop, bank, post office, gift shop and medical suite. The convenience factor is ideal for anyone who prefers to stay in the comfort of their surroundings.
You’ll also receive basic maintenance services and scheduled transport to and from events. These additional benefits add to the convenience of living in a retirement community, since you no longer have to worry about mowing the lawn, cooking or cleaning your home.
Are Retirement Communities a Good Investment?
Considering the numerous benefits you receive when you join a retirement community, the short answer is yes, they are worth every penny. We offer three flexible financing options to remove the barrier to entry and make it more accessible to live here. Our contracts accommodate different budgets for those who cannot afford to purchase a unit or pay a high monthly rental fee.
- Type A: Our lifecare plan is your ultimate long-term care insurance policy. You pay a lower entrance fee to move into our independent living community, with a set monthly service fee. This agreement gives you access to independent living, personal care, memory care and skilled nursing services when needed.
- Type B: Our refundable plan is ideal for residents who already have robust health insurance coverage. You get a 50% refund on your entrance fee, which you can put toward future health care expenses. You will have priority access to health care services at the published per diem rates.
- Type C: The benefit of our fee-for-service plan is that you only pay for the services you use. This plan has a small, 100% refundable community fee that we will return to you or your estate.
Regardless of your choice, you will gain exceptional value. Ask for details when you tour our property.
Schedule a Free Lunch and Tour to Explore Our Retirement Community in Lansdale, PA!
If you still need convincing that Elm Terrace Gardens is the ideal retirement village for you, why not schedule a free lunch and tour and experience our Lansdale community firsthand? We are eager to welcome you, answer any questions and address your concerns.