Personal Care for Seniors
At Elm Terrace Gardens, we care about helping our residents fully experience retirement life. Our quality personal care program is similar to assisted living, offering an independent lifestyle with 24/7 access to an on-site nurse.
Our personal care plan provides individualized care for residents who need support for daily activities and general medical support. We welcome you to become a part of our supportive assisted living community today!
Your Personal Care Plan
We take personal care plans seriously — our goal is to provide each resident with an experience to meet their needs, hobbies and medical care. Each of our customizable lifestyle, financial and healthcare services is explained below.
What Personal Care & Assisted Living Looks Like
A personal care program with Elm Terrace offers an independent, self-directed lifestyle for residents while still receiving the support they need for daily tasks, including:
- Taking medication: Personal care has a nurse on shift at all times to help with any medical needs, especially passing out and administering regularly scheduled medications.
- Walking: A nurse’s aide is on staff to help residents with mobility needs stay safe from one destination to the next.
- Dressing: All residents can have assistance with dressing in the morning and when getting ready for bed.
- Eating: Our nursing aides can help during mealtime to assist residents who may have trouble holding utensils.
Flexible Financial Options
Just as we have a program to fit each resident, we also have flexible financing options, including:
- Lifecare plan: Our lifecare plan is the ultimate long-term care insurance policy, granting you access to all our healthcare levels without increases in your monthly fees. This provides easy coverage, no matter how your health changes.
- Refundable plan: This plan requires a higher entrance fee but offers a lower monthly fee. You will also receive 50% of your entrance fee back to use toward needed healthcare services in the future.
- Fee-for-service program: The fee-for-service program only requires you to pay for the services you use.
Enjoy Retirement Living at Elm Terrace GardensContact Us
Amenities and Services for Assisted Living
The personal care plan offers every resident a private suite with their own bathrooms and kitchenettes. Outside of their living space, residents can benefit from:
- Three meals a day, with available room service at no additional cost
- Weekly linen and housekeeping services
- Around-the-clock nursing care and assistance with daily tasks
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Audiologist, podiatrist and blood draw services
- Accommodation for visiting guests
- Comprehensive social, educational, recreational and spiritual life enrichment programs
Personal Care Suites
To help encourage a self-directed lifestyle, personal care residents have private suites to make their own with touches of home. Each suite contains:
- Studio-style floor plan: Our spacious studio floor plans allow room for a bed and several other pieces of furniture, including a comfy armchair and a large dresser.
- Accessibility and safety features: To ensure personal safety, each room has a call light system to contact nurses and installed support rails along the bed, toilet and shower.
- Private bathroom and shower: Prepare for the day in the comfort of a personal bathroom with a vanity, shower and toilet.
- Personal kitchenette: Each room has its own personal kitchenette with cupboards for additional storage.
Receive Enriching Nursing Care
At Elm Terrace, our nursing care services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. At all times, we have a nurse and a certified nurse’s assistant scheduled to assist with any and all needs — from dressing to medication administration.
Each of our residents is met with equal attentiveness and compassion from the nursing staff. We hire team members with a heart for serving our community, so you can rest assured that you will receive quality care every time.
Overall, we encourage you to enjoy your independence throughout your daily life, all while knowing we are here for you when you need us.
Become a Part of Our Assisted Living Community Today
Elm Terrace is rated one of the best assisted living facilities in Montgomery County, PA. Our mission is to encourage all residents to develop a life plan that accommodates a full range of lifestyle and healthcare services under one roof. Thanks to our wonderful community, we have been blessed to support active retirement lifestyles since 1981 and continue to grow to this day!
We encourage you to contact us online today or call us at (215) 361-5600. We also offer a free lunch and tour for residents and their families to explore our facility before becoming a part of our community!
Step into Comfort & Care
Contact Elm Terrace Gardens today to learn more about our personal care options.Contact Us
Our Personal Care Admission Process
Please direct inquiries about the Personal Care Facility to Erin Trout at (215) 361-5656.
1. To request admission to residency in our Personal Care Facility:
- Complete and return the confidential Personal Care Application.
- Submit the Application with a non-refundable processing fee of $200.00 made payable to Elm Terrace Gardens. Payments will be received at:
Elm Terrace Gardens
660 N Broad St.
Lansdale PA, 19446
- If a personal care suite is not available, you will be notified of a decision about eligibility for waiting list status.
2. When you receive notice that a personal care suite is available:
- Have your physician complete the Medical Evaluation form in its entirety. This form is required by state regulation and is provided to you by Elm Terrace Gardens.
- Once the Medical Evaluation Form has been completed. Schedule an appointment for your assessment screening, followed by an interview with the Admissions Committee. After the interview, the President of Elm Terrace Gardens will notify you in writing of the Committee’s decision regarding your application.
- If approved, begin your residency within thirty (30) days of the date of the assessment screening.
3. To conclude the residency process:
- By the date of residency, a Personal Care Admission Agreement with Elm Terrace Gardens will be executed.
- By date of residency, make payment to Elm Terrace Gardens for the first thirty (30) days of residence. Any advance deposit will be credited to your account.
- By date of residency, provide information on power of attorney, advance directive, and medical insurance so that we can include these important items in your file for reference when necessary.
- Accept a warm welcome to the Elm Terrace Gardens community!